Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

5/12/2008

"Through the years" pages

Assembling pages of related photos taken in different years are a great use of duplicate photos, especially favorites. It does not matter if some of them are repeats from other pages if they make me smile. Sometimes a lovely photo that does not fit anywhere will find a place in this type of page.
I love assembling a page of my daughters cuddling together as infants, toddlers, tweens, and young adults. I made several pages.
Other photos to group for a "through the ages" page:
  • Girls of all ages in increasingly stylish Easter dresses.
  • Girls curled up with a good book as they grew up.
  • Girls napping in interesting places from high chairs to airports.
  • Girls on amusement park kiddie rides to roller coasters.
  • Girls on the first day of school, increasingly tall and "cool."
  • Girls on increasingly large and fast horses.