Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

8/29/2009

Spotlights should be oval

My final thoughts on ovals: Spotlights land on the stage in an oval shape. An oval shape also spotlights special photos. Those annual school portraits, reunion group photos, wedding photos, anniversary couples portraits, and even photos of kids on Santa's lap all are enhanced by being cropped into ovals. Layouts with one or two ovals seem the most balanced.