Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

2/22/2008

Greeting Cards in Scrapbook Pages

Greeting cards are often too cute, funny, beautiful, memorable, or touching to throw out.
    Putting my favorite greeting cards in a scrapbook layout is much preferred to storing them in a drawer or a box.
    Displaying both the cover and the inside is solved by cutting along the card's fold. The inside sentiment and signature can have extra way be cropped smaller. If there is print on the inside cover, then the photocopier comes to the rescue.
   Photocopying the back of postcards and gift tags also makes them good scrapbook elements.
  • All the pieces of the deconstructed greeting card can be used as elements in a scrapbook layout.
  • Remember to use matting, especially for the white inside sentiment.
  • It works well to include a photo of the person who gave the card, especially for holiday, birthday, christening, or graduation parties.
  • Titles and captions seem less necessary on greeting card pages.

Finally, images or quotes from greeting cards can be used as embellishments without including personalization or signatures.