Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

3/10/2008

Using panoramic photos

It's obvious that panoramic shots are perfect to capture beautiful horizons or tall buildings. Now that many digital cameras have a panoramic setting, it is easy to experiment with panoramas of unlikely settings -- a person, a group, or a crowd. A panoramic photo makes a great border for a 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook layout because it can be trimmed to fit edge to edge. The wide perspective of the panoramic makes a great companion for a close-up or a journal entry (or both).
A panoramic setting is the best way to get a large image of an entire people (head to toe) within some of the surroundings. With regular settings, an image of an entire person is dwarfed by the surroundings.