Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

6/08/2008

Copying Scrapbook Pages

After finishing a scrapbook page, it may fit into more than one of my scrapbooks. One page from a trip scrapbook may focus on one of my daughters, so I may want to put it in her own book too. My mother has her own scrapbook, and we send pages back and forth.
I do not want to totally re-make the page, so what to do ? Scanning and printing is one option, but it can get expensive. I have found great results with the color photocopier service at Staples or Kinkos. I especially like the self-service centers. Usually there is heavier weight acid-free paper available. The quality is excellent.
If I know in advance that I will be copying the page, I will buy and extra set of embellishments to put on the copy for the "3D" look that I like.

Copying someone's design is "scrap-lifting," an entirely different process. Most magazines have a section with design suggestions.