Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

4/03/2009

Spring is my perfect time to work on Christmas

I have taken a break from restoring WWII photos to turn to my favorite Spring topic -- Christmas ! By Spring I am ready to upload my holiday photos from my camera into my computer, I think my Christmas paper and embellishments look new and festive, I enjoy looking at photos of Christmas past, and I'm ready to work on some pages. I just cannot do Christmas in January.

My Christmas photos are usually random candid or casually posed scattered snapshots from random holiday events. My favorite pages are collections of similar photos over the years. Yes, that style is my favorite for Christmas, travel, school, Halloween, whatever ........ so I am trying to find other styles and layouts. I already posted some pages that feature my favorite Christmas Cards (scroll down to my earlier posts).

I keep all my Christmas pages in one Christmas album that is roughly chronological from my childhood until "last year." By the summer I am "done" working on my pages, so I put the album away until it moves to the coffee table in November.