Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

7/04/2009

New pages with old photos

I always have more fun scrapbooking old photos of happy memories rather than immediately scrapbooking a recent event. I keep my photos in chronological order, and randomly flip through the files, and sometimes an event "strikes" me. I also have a file of "photos I want to do something with when I get inspiration."

Recently my daughter and I escaped the heat by browsing the aisles in Joanns, a dangerous pursuit (but less risky than heatstroke or sunburn). Nothing fit my rule of only buying what I can use RIGHT NOW when I saw some Girl Scout stickers and embellishments. I immediately recalled unused Daisy and Brownie Photos and a few Girl Scout pages, so I could USE them and they were ON SALE. It took a little time to locate the photos, but less than an evening to put the page together. Eureka ! Practical scrapbooking at its best !