Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

12/03/2009

The easiest collages ever !

I have assembled all my scrapbook page collages by trimming, arranging, and rearranging actual photos. The challenge is strangely fun. All the "easier" web and digital scrapbook collage templates that I tried were too tedious for me and actually took much longer. Then I stumbled onto Walgreens collages. Yes, Walgreens. I have not been this excited about a product since Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
"Easy" is of course a relative term, starting at walgreens.com, clicking on the photo icon, and registering. Finding the collage section is a bit of a hunt by clicking on gifts, then clicking on collages. There are three sizes, 8x11, 5x7, and 4x6. Uploading photos is next and a bit tedious. For a 8x11, up to 12 to 16 photos seem best. The site creates the collage and the arrangement. You can select with width of the margins around the photos and scramble the photos, but you cannot rearrange the photos individually. Once you have an arrangement you like, you can have it printed within an hour at the closest store.
Then the collage is ready for any labels or embellishments to make a page.