Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

10/28/2009

Bits and Pieces and Left Overs

When trying to organize my supplies, I gather up and give away the paper and embellishments that I know I will never use. Often these items purchases seemed inspiring when I purchased them or they are part of a larger set -- beware the combo packs unless you really want that one item enough to donate the rest. A partially used sticker sheet, random remaining letter stickers, and odd embellishments are harder to donate because they look so used, because they are.

On a rainy day when I feel obsessive (not very often), I have cut up the partially used sticker sheets into individual stickers that I put into a ziplock "grab bag" that seems so much neater.

Another option is using those left-over stickers. I liked the style because I used part of the sheet. One option is using similar stickers to make a personalized border for an essay, recollection, summary, title, or journaling page.

Another option is working these stickers into existing pages. Especially if I buy some new Disney embellishments for one page, the remaining stickers find a home on older pages. I bought a large set of spiritual and religious embellishments for our vow renewal pages, and the remainders were great for older baptism and confirmation pages I made when I could not find any embellishments that I liked.