Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

6/28/2010

Single topics scrapbooks

On a lazy feeling day, I enjoy reviewing my "shoeboxes" of old photos for overlooked photos and memories that fit into existing or future scrapbooks.

I keep finding cake (birthday, baby shower, wedding, anniversary) photos to add to my collection spanning at least forty years of people cutting cakes, blowing out candles, eating cake (neatly or messy), and cake close-ups.

I have my folding file of photos until I am ready for a scrapbook day. I have sections for cakes, boats, grandparents, cousins in groups, sisters in groups, animals (so many random animal shots), cats, puppies, sleeping kids, and "interesting" hairstyles. I doubt I will be posting any interesting hairstyles on this blog though !