Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

11/14/2010

Three months of genealogy and two pages !

My hobby time has been fairly internet intense this fall working on next year's B-25 Medium Bomber calendar for my step-dad's WWII Bomb Group friends. Shutterfly.com has the best calendar programs of all. Almost too many choices. Very pretty. I highly recommend their site. Make a calendar ! Make someone happy. Or many people happy. My calendar involves much WWII photo restoration and an obsessive attention to including interesting facts on each day of the year that is probably unnecessary. Calendars can be easy.
Then I have been helping my mom connect with her Canadian cousins by trolling through the internet and Ancestry.com. Great fun. Somehow I met a woman who had kept an album of photos marked "Chatham photos" from her aunt who was some relative of my father's mother. My mother has been busy identifying them. I met a woman who gave us letters from my mother's father to her aunt and family photos from the 1890's and 1900's of people my mother knew when they were much older.
The internet is truly an amazing way to spend hours and hours and hours of time more productively than playing solitaire or words with friends or e-Bay, well more about e-Bay next time......