Welcome to my world of the practical scrapbooker

Here is ten years of scrapbooking my photos and memorabilia onto actual paper .....without major art projects or (too) complicated techniques.

I blend traditional paper and "new" digital techniques to tell the stories of my family's fun, travels, and history.

Here are my thoughts as I sort, shop, crop, organize, arrange, journal, and decorate my scrapbook pages.

1/01/2008

Happy New Year

My blog is for anyone else who wants to

  • keep a New Year's Resolution to "do something" with your photos and paper mementos ?
  • use your photos to show the history of your family, relationship, children, pet, travels, events ?
  • rescue photos from dreary magnetic photo albums ?
  • focus on your photos and their story ?
  • display photos in a visually pleasing documentary style ?

Scrapbooks help me feel creative, productive, and happy. My kids and family spontaneously pick up the albums to recall past memories and share them. My tween daughter has even shown them to her friends. I have some graphic arts experiences and talents that I like to channel through my pages, but my focus has always been on telling our stories through our photos in our scrapbooks. As I have browsed through many scrapbook stores, websites, and magazines, even I have been a little intimidated by the focus on the "art" of scrapbooking. My style of scrapbooking is good for people who don't want

  • complicated artistic processes
  • large investments in supplies (although there will be a shopping list)
  • a close relationship with a consultant / seller of supplies
  • feeling intimidated by racks of expensive paper, albulms, stickers, and tools.

I hope that you enjoy revisiting your happy memories through scrapbooks too.