- decorative edge scissors -- use to trim the edges of photos, mats, or borders. I am partial to my "torn edge" or "jagged" scissors. I use scalloped and other patterns on occassion.
- stickers -- highly addicting, should enhance the page, not clutter it. it is ok to use just two off of a page.
- die cuts -- decorative paper shapes that you have to adhere yourself.
- ribbon -- for a border or a decoration. Some is self stick, others needs two sided tape to adhere it.
- corner punches -- my favorite is used rounds the corners, create dovetail corners, or intricate lacey patterns for paper corners.
- shape punches -- for decorations -- I often find use a specific punch for a specific page once, then never again.
- equipment that cuts photos into ovals and circles should be tested first to see if you find it as easy as advertised. After lots of searching, I love my Creative Memories brand cutting system. The only shape I use with any frequency is the oval. I find circles hard to use.
Only use the tools and techniques that are simple and fun for you !